Back in 1996, Hotmail was first launched independently, and later on, it was purchased by Microsoft and worked under the tag of Hotmail. In 2012, it was renamed Window live Hotmail or simply Microsoft Outlook. This site claims to have over 400 million active users.
Outlook offers many features, including Calendar, Contacts, Bills payment, Travel Reminder, and Outlook application. Here in this article, we will restrict our discussion to the use of Outlook apps on smartphones.
Procedure To Use Outlook App On Smartphones
The general procedure to use Outlook apps on smartphones for Office 365, www.Hotmail.com, and many other Microsoft products is the same. So if you still have not downloaded the app, then visit the play store and download the latest version of the Microsoft Outlook app. By following the following steps, one can easily set up its email on the Outlook app.
- Install Microsoft Outlook app from Google Play Store or App Store and tap on ‘Get started‘ if you are using an Outlook app for the first time.
Note: If you want to add another email, then open Settings from the menu and then click on ‘Add another account’ to proceed further to give login information like username and password.
- Now Outlook will automatically detect your Gmail accounts, and to add them, tap on ‘Google connect account.’ Confirm it by tapping on ‘OK.’ Now, if you are not interested in adding these accounts or don’t want Outlook to access your account, then skip and proceed with step 4.
- Now select the account that you want to add and then click on ‘Add Account,’ here you will be asked to log in. Also, a popup will appear that asks you to allow offline access and other prompts. Here you can also add other accounts or may skip.
- Here you will be asked to enter your email address, so enter your email address and ‘Continue.’ Set up your Exchange manually or set up an IMAP or POP account if you were asked to choose your provider.
- In the next step, simply add your email account and password. Then tap on ‘Sign in‘ and proceed further. The user interface may look different depending upon your provider.
- In the last step, verify your identity if the multi-factor authentication is enabled.
It is very simple to use an Outlook app, and you can easily set up your account by following the procedure. If you are still confused, then you can visit the Microsoft Outlook website or its help center.